- 3 tbsps natural yoghurt
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic glove, crushed
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garam masala or curry powder
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 175g/6oz chopped nuts (I used chopped walnuts as I had them in the cupboard already, you can choose whatever nuts you prefer). Make sure the nuts are very finely chopped, larger chunks and whole nuts can be a choking risk for little mouths.
- 4 tbsps desiccated coconut
- Oil for greasing
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 tsps natural yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180°C/gas 4 and lightly grease a baking tray
- To make the marinade; mix the yoghurt, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and garam masala in a bowl,
- Dunk the chicken breast strips in the mixture. If you have time; cover the marinating chicken and leave for at least 30mins in the fridge or overnight if you’re super organised. If you’re like me and have hungry children waiting give the chicken a quick coat in the marinade and get cracking!
- Mix the chopped nuts with the coconut on a plate and coat each strip in the nutty mixture.
- Place each strip onto a lightly oiled baking tray and bake for 20-30mins until golden brown and cooked through
- For the peanut butter dip mix the peanut butter with the natural yoghurt. Adding more yoghurt will make the dip slightly runnier and better for dipping so feel free to adjust the balance to suit