3 large peppers – ideally of different colours
12 slices of cucumber (thickly cut)
Crudités of your choice for the filling
- Place each pepper on it’s side ensuring that it will remain stable on a flat service.
- Keeping the pepper in this position carefully slice the top side of the pepper leaving an opening in the top of your ‘carriage’ for you to place the vegetable crudités later.
- Remove any seeds and pith from the centre of the pepper but keep the stalk intact.
- Using the cocktail sticks secure each cucumber slice to the outside of the pepper carriage as wheels. Each carriage should have 4 wheels, 2 on each side)
- Fill each carriage with crudités of your choice and arrange each carriage in a row to form your train