for the snake’s head
· Chop 3 inches off one end of a cucumber (whichever end most resembles a snake’s head!).
· Make a small incision for the mouth and 2 for the eyes using a sharp knife.
· Using a vegetable peeler shave a small strip of carrot and cut into the shape of a snake’s tongue.
· Insert this carrot tongue into the incision you have made for the mouth.
· Using another strip of carrot, carefully cut out two small eyes and insert into the eye holes in your cucumber – you can make the holes bigger using a skewer or cocktail stick if necessary.
for the sandwiches
· Make a selection of sandwiches or your choice
· Using a circular pastry cutter roughly the same diameter as your snake’s head, cut the sandwiches out into circles
· Slice the remainder of your cucumber into chunky slices to place between each sandwich
· Arrange the sandwiches and cucumber slices alternately on a large plate behind the snakes head to resemble a slithering snake